SYDNEY, OZ


It was indeed a dreary day when we had to leave our island comforts in the Seychelles and get on another 7hr flight and lose 2 hrs to get to Singapore. With our hosts and their aircon luxury 4wheel drive away on holiday, we were forced to explore the city on foot and covered in sweat! The perfect way to end off the hot half of our travels!





On arrival in Sydney, I was convinced I would get along fine in jeans, slops and a thin windbreaker! Well, the ferry ride accross to Manley soon had me digging in my bag for socks and shoes and the nearest long-sleeve anything I could find!! In fact, the flat we were staying in was such a cold 19degrees that I permanently had my ski jacket on (despite a number of VB's) much to the housemates entertainment. When the cold got through even my jacket, I tried to get so close to the heater that I didn't notice when my only pair of jeans cought on fire!! Only when my legs felt the warmest they had been since Asia did I bother to look down and notice my smoldering jeans!! Needless to say, they are now colder than ever before'with the newly acquired airvents!!



We spent the 11 days exploring the city on foot, meeting the wildlife (both animal and human - Aussies are ROUGH after a few VB's no matter what anyone says!!) and I got to hug a few Kualas and Kangaroos! We met up with Jacques and his entourage who had his sister's car and ventured out to Blue Mountains (they weren't very blue!) and gawked at the mansions on the Northern Beaches. We even rubbed shoulders with the currently employed at the revolving Summit bar which sits on the 47th floor and boasts some fantastic views. We also had the honour of watching the South African B side remove their benching splinters and kick their way to a great loss at the hands of the Ausies at the Telstra satadium. At least the beer that I didn't spill all over the man in front of me tasted good!!



All in all, it has been a great week in a great city. Shaun has just rushed out to stock up on some last minute winter woolies from the $2 shop after checking the weather forcast for NZ!! 3 weeks in a campervan should be freezingly fun and hopefully make for some interesting stories to tell you lot! That is if my fingers haven't frozen off by then!!